She was born as Jeon Hee-Jin (Hangul: 전희진) on October 19, 2000 in Bundang District, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
She debuted on September 26, 2016 as a member and subsequently released her solo single album HeeJin on October 5, 2016.
Early life (2000–2016)Edit
HeeJin was born as Jeon Hee-Jin on October 19, 2000 in Bundang District, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. She is the youngest of three daughters in her family. She attended Baek-suk Elementary School and Saint Paul Girls’ Middle School in Chungnam, South Korea. At some point during her childhood, she lived for one month in Brazil.
HeeJin first wanted to become a singer when she was in middle school. At one time, both her sisters had similar dreams, but those dreams were ultimately unrealized. HeeJin has stated that one of the reasons she became a singer was to make her sisters’ unfulfilled dreams come true, and has cited her sisters as being her biggest supporters.
In pursuit of her goals, HeeJin traveled long distances in order to attend a dance academy. Her father began discouraging her dreams of becoming a singer after she was rejected at 20 different auditions. However, in 2015 she was cast through social media by BlockBerryCreative and became a trainee. HeeJin trained for one year before she was selected to be the first member of the agency’s upcoming girl group.
2016: Reveal, solo debut, “I’ll Be There”, “The Carol”Edit
On September 25, 2016, a video teaser titled “LOONA’s 1st Member ‘HeeJin’ SeoulTeaser” was released on YouTube featuring promotional posters of HeeJin on the streets of Seoul.
On November 10, HeeJin had a cameo in the alternate version of the music video for HyunJin’s “Around You”. She additionally released a song with HyunJin titled “I’ll Be There,” which was included on HyunJin’s debut single.
HeeJin is the only member to not have a “Who’s Next Girl?” teaser image; as she was first member, such a teaser was unnecessary.
2017: “My Sunday”, commercial films, LOONA 1/3, “Singing in the Rain”, Woomanna, MIXNINEEdit
HeeJin has had cameos and supporting roles in the highest number of solo music videos out of all members of LOONA. On April 17, HeeJin was included in member ViVi’s music video “Everyday I Love You”, alongside HyunJin, HaSeul, and YeoJin. On June 23, she was featured on a special version of JinSoul’s “Singing in the Rain” where she covered the rap portion of the song. On December 9, she appeared in HyunJin’s special music video “Around You - Woomanna Special Ver.” which featured scenes from the web drama Woomanna; HeeJin starred in first season and second seasons of Woomanna in a main role.
In October, HeeJin, along with fellow LOONA members HyunJin and HaSeul, auditioned for the survival reality show MIXNINE. After passing the audition, she became a contestant as a representative of her agency and idol group. HeeJin made it until the final episode, but was eliminated when the boys’ team won against the girls’.
2018: AVAJAR, “Rosy”, LG QT/QT/ + TV, debut in LOONAEdit
In March 2018, BlockBerry Creative announced HeeJin had signed an advertising model contract with Korean cosmetics brand AVAJAR. She advertised the company’s products along with Kyulkyung (formerly of PRISTIN) and Cheng Xiao of WJSN (Cosmic Girls). Shortly afterwards, a commercial film featuring HeeJin along with HyunJin, Cheng Xiao, Kyulkyung, and members of Super Junior was released for the brand.
On March 7, HeeJin appeared on one episode of Woomanna’s third season, reprising her role from seasons 1 and 2.
2019: High school graduation, HI MARTEdit
On January 1, 2019, HeeJin starred in a commercial film for HI MART.
On January 7, HeeJin graduated from Hansung Girls’ High School alongside HyunJin.
- Stage Name: HeeJin (희진)
- Japanese: ヒジン (Hijin)
- Birth Name: Jeon Hee-Jin (전희진; 田姬振)
- Name Meaning(s):
- Nickname(s): Heekki (희끼), Pumpkin Jeon (호박전, Hobak Jeon), Carrot Girl (단군소녀, Dangun Sonyeo), Jeonnie Jin (저니진), Heettongie (희똥이), Founder (단군, Dangun)
- Birth date: October 19, 2000 (age 19)
- Astrological sun sign: Libra
- Chinese zodiac sign: Dragon
- Blood type: A
- MBTI: ENTJ
- Birth place: Bundang District, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
- Current residence: LOONA Dormitory, Seoul, South Korea
- Family: Parents; Jeon Yoon-Kyung (전윤경) (oldest sister); Jeon Yi-Kyung (전이경) (older sister)
- Body statistics: 161 cm (height), 46 kg (weight), 230mm (US 6, EU 36.5) (shoe size)
- Education: St. Paul Girls’ Middle School (graduated), Hansung Girls’ High School (graduated)
- Languages: Korean (fluent), Japanese (learning), Portuguese (waning proficiency)
- Position: Undetermined
- LOONA 1/3: Main vocal, lead dancer, center
- LOONA: Lead vocal, lead dancer, sub-rapper, center
- Instruments: Guitar, piano
- Hobbies: Visiting bakeries, playing sudoku, calligraphy
- Likes: Animals, bread, scented things, eating alone
- Dislikes: Pigeons, messiness, cigarettes
- Personality: Hard-working, confident, friendly, energetic, optimistic
- HeeJin (2016)
|2017–2018||MIXNINE||jTBC||Herself (as contestant)|
|2017||Do You Remember the First Time We Met? Season 1||YouTube||Jeon HeeJin (main)|
|Do You Remember the First Time We Met? Season 2|
|2018||Do You Remember the First Time We Met? Season 3||Jeon HeeJin (minor)|
Music Video AppearancesEdit
|2016||“Around You (Original Film Ver.)”||HyunJin||Cameo|
|2017||“Everyday I Love You (feat. HaSeul)”||ViVi||Minor|
|“Singing in the Rain (feat. HeeJin)”||JinSoul||Rapper|
|“Around You (Woomanna Special Ver.)”||HyunJin||Minor|
|2018||“Egoist (feat. JinSoul)”||Olivia Hye||Cameo|
|2016||Innisfree (also on LOONA’s Youtube Channel)||Cosmetic|
|The Law of Creation||Mobile Game|
|LG Q7/Q7+ TV||Appliance/Mobile Phone|
- She was the first member to be revealed on September 26, 2016. For this reason, she is also the only member to not have a "Who's the Next Girl?" teaser.
- She is the sixth youngest in LOONA, and the third youngest in LOONA 1/3.
- HeeJin's role models are Lucia (Shim Kyusun) and Girls' Generation's Taeyeon.
- In the audition, she sang Lyn’s ‘Ring Tone’ and got accepted.
- She passed her audition for BlockBerryCreative with a cover of "쩔어 (Dope)" by BTS.
- Her goal is for LOOΠΔ to become the best girl group in Korea, and to become a singer that others can look up to.
- Her Chinese name in Mandarin would be Tián Jī Zhèn.
- She likes animals but she is allergic to animal fur.
- HeeJin enjoys covering boy group choreography.
- HeeJin's eyebrows are naturally a pale gray color.
- HeeJin can twist her tongue from side to side.
- HeeJin revealed that as a trainee, she lived in the countryside and had initial difficulties attending training because she lived over 4 hours away from Seoul, didn't have enough training time and struggled financially with affording transportation.
- Her nickname Heekki (희끼) is a portmanteau of her name and the word for rabbit (토끼). She originally gave this name to the rabbit she met on set while filming her first MV.
- Another nickname: "Jeon Hwi Hyeol"
- There’s a popular and apparently a bit cringy web-novel called < 세계 서열 0위 포커페이스 반휘혈 > and the main character’s name is 반휘혈 (Ban Hwi Hyeol) who’s the best fighter and coolest kid in his high school.
- She has a fear of pigeons.
- Her best LOONA friend is HyunJin.
- She lived in Brazil for a month as a child.
- In a contest held by Naver on Hangul Day, her handwriting was selected to be made into the font "Lunar Orbit". She participated because Orbits miss her letters.
- According to the other members, she sometimes sleeps with her eyes and mouth open. She always sleeps late.
- She's really bad at multitasking. When she does something, she can't really pay attention to what other people say well.
- She can't really cook.
- The thing she thinks she does the best in LOONA: charisma on stage.
- MBTI: ENTJ
- Why is playing Sudoku her hobby? Heejin: "When I was in elementary school, my relative's brother carried a Sudoku book. I opened the book and it was so fun.Finally, my relative bought me the same book. I have had a hobby since then."
- She likes solving sudoku and she got Go Won into sudoku. She sometimes stays up all night solving sudoku, sometimes with Go Won next to her, also solving sudoku.
- She's watched/read Naruto.
- She's good at drawing.
- Her treasures: her Stitch doll/plushie (from Lilo & Stitch), Hyunjin
- She carries around her Stich plushie almost everywhere.
- She also has a Stitch pencil case and a Stitch neck pillow.
- She also has a Stich airpod case.
- She was gifted pink airpods so she named them "Pink-Pong".
- Age difference between her sisters and her: 5 years and 3 years. She's pretty casual with both sisters and doesn't have to use honorifics ("unnie") with them.
- Her family is currently (November 2020) raising 3 dogs: Nori, Tori and Bori. Bori is a puppy.
- She got Nori when she was 12 years old. She was getting ready for school one morning and suddenly she saw a puppy in her house. He was already really friendly. Her family got Tori when she was living in Seoul so she couldn't spend much time with Tori when it was a baby and felt disappointed about that.
- At one point, when she was about 9 years old, her family were raising 7 dogs (probably puppies) at the same time: Momi, Mingki, Jjinga, Ming-ie, Honga, Taengi, Toto.
- HeeJin is actually allergic to dogs but she loves her dogs so much she just takes allergy meds.
- HeeJin & HyunJin became friends with ITZY's Ryujin during MIXNINE.
- She was voted as the best visual in MIXNINE.
- Lots of people first thought she wasn't fully Korean (visually speaking).
- When they first joined Yves and Go Won were pranked and were told by the staff that HeeJin's grand mother was Russian. Yves believed that lie for a week, because she thought Heejin's nose was attractive and not typically korean.
- Fact In Star - Heejin TMI:
- The LOONA solo she wants the most is: Egoist. She really want to do a strong performance, especially the backroll.
- To practice her expressions, she: used bathroom mirrors before and after washing.
- Last book she read: "Love like you've never been hurt before" (by poet Ryu Shiva). She first read it in middle school but didn't really understand it at the time. Reading it again recently, she thinks it helps in many ways in her life, so she recommends it
- She clears stress by: eating spicy food. She can't handle spiciness that well, but to challenge herself, she eats spicy food with the members.
- According to her:
- Team Position: Clumsy-hands, the organized one, cure-all hands
- "clumsy hands" might be because she's a bad cook.
- Charming Point: Danmuji-like eyebrows (thick eyebrows), penguin-like lips
- Long-term Goals: "DOMINATING THE UNIVERSE (+ Kodoku no Gourmet)"
- Team Position: Clumsy-hands, the organized one, cure-all hands
- Favorite Baskin Robbins ice cream flavor: Chocolate Forest, Dark Choco Knight, Caramel Praline Cheesecake, Almond Chocolate "Bon Bon" 
- She likes mint chocolate (ice cream flavor).
- She's a foodie/gourmet despite the fact she's bad at cooking. She prefers quality of food over quantity.
- She's not afraid of going to buffets alone.
- Cereal before milk.
Songs recommendations / she likes Edit
- AKMU - Time and Fallen Leaves (시간과 낙엽) 
- Baekhyun - UN Village 
- BEN - Love, ing (열애중) 
- Brown Eyes - Already One Year (벌써 일년) 
- IU - The Visitor (그 사람)
- IU - Through the Night 
- Kwon Jin-ah - 20 (스물) 
- Jeremy Passion - Nothing 
- JinSoul - Singing in the Rain 
- J Rabbit - Happy Things 
- Justin Bieber - Heartbreaker 
- Sean Mendes & Camila Cabello - Senorita 
- LOONA - Hi High 
- Lucia (심규선 Shim KyuSun; indie artist) 's songs, such as:
- WINNER - FOOL 
Her explanations Edit
- For Chuseok:
- LOONA - Hi High "This song has a bright and fast tempo, so if you knead songpyeon while listening to it you will be able to make them very quickly. "Hi High" on repeat!"
- AKMU - 시간과 낙엽 (Time and Fallen Leaves) "I think this song represents the sensation of autumn well. Autumn is the season of Chuseok, so I think it'd be good to feel the autumn with this song as you make songpyeon."
- For Chinese New Year:
- Kwon Jin-ah - 스물 (20). "I think there's a lot of pressure and burden at the thought of turning twenty and becoming an adult. But I want to recommend this song because I think it will comfort me and my friends as we overcome those things and run ahead boldly."
- Profile Rewrite (August 2018) - Orbit 1st anniversary
- When You’re Being Nagged:
- J Rabbit - Happy Things. "Since it's a new year, I hope you will not get stressed even over the holidays and instead only think good thoughts and have good things happen to you!"
- ↑ /çiˈ.t͡ɕin/, HEE-jeen
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 hello82. “Who’s the Portuguese Legend in LOONA?” YouTube. 2019.10.04
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 loona-trans. “I want to make my sisters’ unfulfilled dreams come true.” (Orig) Tumblr. 2017.03.12.
- ↑ MIXNINE Episode #1. 2017.10.29
- ↑ MIXNINE Episode #14. 2018.01.26
- ↑ NAVER. “이달의 소녀 희진, 코스메틱 브랜드 광고 모델 발탁” (“LOONA HeeJin selected as cosmetic brand advertising model”) NAVER. 2018.03.29
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 LOOΠΔ GIRLS (@loonagirls). “(TRANS) How do you write your name in Hanja?” (Orig) Twitter. 2016.11.22
- ↑ Wiktionary. “田”. Retrieved 2020.03.11
- ↑ Wiktionary. “姬”. Retrieved 2020.03.11
- ↑ Wiktionary. “振”. Retrieved 2020.03.11
- ↑ loonatheworld. “(Teaser) LOONA 1/3 ‘???’” YouTube. 2017.02.11
- ↑ loonatheworld. “ViViD (100% Real Live)” YouTube. 2016.10.18
- ↑ loona-trans. “LOONA’s newsAde Interview.” (Orig) Tumblr. 2017.03.14
- ↑ loona-trans. “HeeJin’s newsAde Interview.” (Orig) Tumblr. 2017.03.14
- ↑ loonatheworld. “LOONA TV #9.” YouTube. 2019.10.23
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 loona-trans. “LOONA 1/3’s 10asia Interview.” (Orig) Tumblr. 2017.03.16
- ↑ Fan Sign Question
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 HeraldPop LOONA 1/3 interview
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 LOONA Studio
- ↑ LOONA TV #14
- ↑ Celuv TV (February 27, 2019)
- ↑ Soompi
- ↑ Official Twitter
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 YSSCOM - 59s Manual - HeeJin
- ↑ MBTI
- ↑ IDOL GROUND - OX Quiz HeeJin
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Orbit 1st Anniversary Chat Event
- ↑ Her treasures
- ↑ Stitch pencil case
- ↑ Stitch airpod case
- ↑ Airpods name
- ↑ Liptight - gifted airpods
- ↑ Liptight - gifted airpods 2
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 34.3 34.4 VLIVE: Frequency of the Moon Ep.4
- ↑ Fact In Star - Star TMI: HeeJin
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 LOONA - Profile rewrite
- ↑ Baskin Robbins picks
- ↑ Baskin Robbins picks - 'Bon Bon'
- ↑ LOONA's Baskin Robbins picks (fossa)
- ↑ LOONA's Baskin Robbins picks (fossa, ENG)
- ↑ BRISxLIFE LOONA Interview
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 TV Daily: Song recommendation - Chuseok
- ↑ Mu:fully questionnaire (Halloween 2019)
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 44.2 44.3 44.4 LOONA Studio - 1/3 Hertz
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 45.2 45.3 45.4 LOONA STUDIO English Subtitle Transcripts (@gointosubbit)
- ↑ IDOL RADIO EP.502 (SPECIAL DJ LOONA HeeJin & Yves)
- ↑ IDOL RADIO EP.502 recs - explanation thread
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 TV Daily: Song recommendations - Chinese New Year
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 TV Daily: Song recommendation - When You’re Being Nagged
- ↑ Song rec: Lucia
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 Song rec: Lucia
- ↑ Song rec: Lucia
|HeeJin • HyunJin • HaSeul • ViVi|
|Characters||LOONA 1/3 : HeeJin • HyunJin • HaSeul • ViVi|
|Analysis||Love & Live • Sonatine • Love & Live 2.0|